The Disability Trust provides information for people with disabilities and their families about everyday issues including:
- Locally available programs and services
- Referral to counselling or advocacy services
- Self advocacy & support groups
- Forums and workshops
- Gaining access to services, aids and equipment
- Community Links
The Information and Advocacy services have 3 programs:
- Disability Information and Assistance Line (DIAL) – covers the Illawarra Region and provides Information services
- Illawarra Self Advocacy group – group that meets monthly to increase skills, confidence and knowledge, in a fun way, so that people can speak up for themselves and help others to speak up as well
- Shoalhaven Information and Advocacy (SIA) – covers the Shoalhaven Region and provides Information services and direct advocacy for people with a disability
The Trust also produces and distributes information about events and services for people with disabilities, frail aged and their carers through a monthly newsletter.
A copy of the latest newsletter can be downloaded on the link below:
To view older newsletters click here.
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter click here.