The Disability Trust provides quality short breaks for people with disabilities to take an enjoyable respite break from their usual home environment in a developmental, safe and supervised environment supported by friendly and well trained staff. We have a diverse range of quality short term accommodation options available to people around NSW and the ACT.
While the person is having fun, meeting new people and learning new skills families and carers also get to take time off and recharge their batteries for their caring role confident in the knowledge the person is well supported, valued and cared for at The Disability Trust.
The Disability Trust operates the following fully-staffed, welcoming and accessible respite homes providing wonderful opportunities for people with disabilities to have enjoyable out-of-home breaks:
- Bowral House is a wonderful welcoming environment that is fully wheelchair accessible, and designed for people with high support needs. It is staffed 24 hours a day, and provides short-term accommodation to give respite to families and unpaid carers.
- Parkside at Dapto is a fully accessible, purpose-built four-bedroom house that is available for people with disabilities and their carers, and to organisations.
- “Loralyn” at beautiful Sanctuary Point in the Shoalhaven accommodates up to 10 people. The home has modern facilities and is wheelchair access, as well as a modified bathroom. Its location next to a reserve and with access to St Georges Basin makes it an ideal property for family holidays. Please note this property is available for private holiday rental.
- Teen House is located in Narrabundah in the ACT and is specially designed to cater for younger people with disabilities and is available for teenagers 12 to 18 years of age. It’s fully accessible and is very conveniently located near shops and a park providing excellent access to a range of activities.
- Hughes House is located in the suburb of Hughes in the ACT and caters for adults 18 to 64 years. Also fully accessible, Hughes has been purpose built for people with disabilities and has a number of very comfortable living areas.
- Jarrah is a loveley home in the Illawarra and is perfect for small groups.
- Willow in Wollongong is a newly renovated respite facility. The facility is nestled away off the main street, surrounded by trees and quiet spaces to explore outside.
- Run O Waters Goulburn Provides a peaceful respite stay on a large rural property.
- Wyralla Road, Miranda this state of the art fully accessible home in Miranda in Southern Sydney.
For more information click on the contact us link below for your nearest office.